Evaulating Ethics, and Security within an ORganization
LASA 2: Evaluating Ethics and Security within an Organization
In this assignment, you will apply the knowledge gained about ethics and security to evaluate security risks and control procedures within your selected organization from Module 1 Assignment 3. Consider the ethics and security measures from all perspectives (e.g., the employees, the customers, and the organization itself). Provide recommendations for future improvements. Use the following points to guide you:
1. Evaluate security measures currently in place in your selected organization. Consider security measures for the employees, the customers, and the organization itself (e.g., personal privacy, trade secrets, human error, hacking, monitoring, natural disasters, etc.).
2. Predict typical security problems your selected organization might face, given the information systems currently in place.
3. Describe and explain the types of control procedures that are currently in place at your selected organization.
4. Discuss the ethical dilemmas faced by the organization when putting in control mechanisms.
5. Provide recommendations to improve the security measures and integrity of your selected organizations for the future.
By Saturday, October 6, 2012, submit a 6 – 8 page white paper focusing on the best security measures and control mechanisms for your selected organization. Be sure to include a cover sheet and at least three credible references. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work.
Assignment 1 Grading Criteria Maximum Points
Identify and discuss benefits of security measures currently in place at selected organization. 44
Identify and discuss security problems and risks for selected organization. 48
Identify and discuss control measures currently in place at selected organization. 48
Describe ethical dilemmas as they pertain to an organization’s security. 48
Provided recommendations to improve the security measures and integrity of selected organization. 48
Style (8 points): Tone, audience, and word choice
Organization (16 points): Introduction, transitions, and conclusion
Usage and Mechanics (16 points): Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
APA Elements (24 points): In text citations and references, paraphrasing, and appropriate use of quotations and other elements of style 64
For assistance with any problems you may have when completing this assignment—OR—to offer your assistance to classmates, please use the Problems and Solutions Discussion area located through the left side navigation link.