Exegeting the Prophets
Choose and exegete an inclusive section of text from either the major or minor prophets and produce an essay of 1,000-1,250 words in which you do the following: You may pick one or the other to cover in the Paper Major or Minor prophets
1) Establish the historical context of the text, and describe the extent to which the prophecy is oriented toward events contemporary with the historical context.
2) Determine and describe the poetic devices of the text.
3) Establish whether the prophecy is conditional or unconditional.
4) Explain how the selection of prophetic text relates to the terms of the Covenant.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An extract is not required.
Please address all of the questions asked in the assignment. The paper has to have a summary or conclusion. This Professor is an English major and is very nick picky on his grading. It also must be less than 8% when placed in Turnitin for similarities. Please see all attachment to this assignment.
Reading Assignments and References for this week and other may be added but the paper have to address the areas of the reference from class as well.
1. Hebrew for the Rest of Us
Read chapters 13-20.
2. Interpreting the Old Testament
Read chapters 6 and 8-9.
References from class
How May Christians preach from the Jewish Scriptures: Hermeneutic Problems and a Proposal
Read "How May Christians Preach From the Jewish Scriptures: Hermeneutic Problems and a Proposal" by Howard, from Encounter (1999).
2. What did the Prophets Think They Were Doing? Speech Acts and Prophetic Discourse in the Old Testament
Read "What did the Prophets Think They Were Doing? Speech Acts and Prophetic Discourse in the Old Testament" by Houston, from Biblical Interpretation (1993).
The Prophetic Imagination
Brueggemann, W. (2001). The Prophetic Imagination (2nd ed.). Minneapolis: Augsburg Fortress
Text Books for class
2. Hebrew for the Rest of Us
Fields, L.M. (2009). Hebrew for the Rest of Us. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. ISBN-13: 9780310277095 (Print Text is Required)
3. Interpreting the Old Testament
Broyles, C. (Ed.). (2001). Interpreting the Old Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic. ISBN-13: 9780801022715 (Print text required)
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!